What Is An "Appnotist"?
- A person skilled in the theory of building rad, mesmerizing web apps and websites.
- A person skilled in the theory of creating bad puns, who also manages to build rad, mesmerizing web apps and websites in between suboptimal punning.
- A person who builds nice-looking websites and also makes ill-advised, pun-based domain name purchases and decides that instead of treating it as a sunk cost and walking away, says to herself, "You know what? I'm going to build my entire career around this ridiculous schtick. At least it's...memorable? I guess? Man, I really should have gone with 'Apptometrist.'"
Origin of appnotist
App + hypnotist = appnotist
Who Is This "Appnotist" Character?
Hi, I'm Sally. I do web stuff.
What I Can Do
|CSS/HTML/JS Frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)||Intermediate-Expert|
|WordPress Custom Theming||Intermediate|
How I Got Here
- Implemented the Google Web Speech API and built out the user account pages on the Cognitopia website using the Meteor platform and GitHub for version control.
- Performed needs analyses and selected Umbraco CMS for building new, more responsive, and more easily-maintained intoCareers portal pages.
- Configured and coded an ASP.NET MVC 5 Umbraco CMS project for the new intoCareers portal pages.
- Refined and deployed the new Umbraco intoCareers portal sites.
- Transformed the portal sites from unwieldy, unresponsive static HTML pages with a dated aesthetic into fully-responsive, dynamic, Umbraco CMS-managed sites with an updated look.
- Scrapped the bloated legacy CSS in favor of CSS generated from Sass.
- Built a NodeJS project to consume the PowerSchool API in preparation for integrating the API into intoCareers products.
- Added features and squashed bugs for client projects (e.g. OutdoorIndustryJobs.com).